GtPGKogPYT4p61R1biicqBXsUzo" /> Google+ Sheep Book Review: Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper | I Smell Sheep

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sheep Book Review: Changeling Dawn by Dani Harper


Changeling Dawn, by author Dani Harper, is the third novel in the Changeling series. I feel the wild calling to my bones with Dani at the helm. *howls at the moon* Readers are taken to the great outdoors to live it up with some beastly delicious men.

Plot:
Kenzie Macleod has spent her whole life hiding the fact that she's a werewolf. She's not about to open up to any man, even one as powerfully attractive as wildlife expert Josh Talarkoteen. But legend says that a Changeling cannot escape the call of her true mate, even in the wilderness of backcountry Alaska. An isolated archaeological site, a terrified Changeling cub, a shadowy research facility - as Kenzie and Josh face the ultimate betrayal, his obsidian eyes promise untold pleasure and hint at dark secrets of his own...

I'm a big fan of the PNR world and sitting at the top of my list are only a handful of authors, one of which is Dani Harper. Not only can Dani create meaningful stories, she can breathe life into characters and give them true depth. Dani's latest book deals with some major prejudice issues that still plague our world today. But clever writing aside, Dani also deliveries some powerful characters; there are no fluffy men or women in her books. These guys and gals come with some cojones and will always stand up for the little guy. Passion and a level of excellence are what you come to expect with these books but you'll also get a ton of tribal lore and legends, its history and smex all warped up in one.

One of the other pleasures I enjoyed while reading this book was getting out into nature. For someone who hates to camp (and is terrified of the dark) it's such a pleasurable escape to have a story take me on. Dani brings you deep into the thick of things, you feel like you're right there in the camp or romping around the forest in wolf form. You can taste, touch and smell the words coming off of these pages. It's a nature feast from beginning to end without the muss and fuss of actually camping. :P

Our main characters Kenzie and Josh are an absolute riot. The banter and playful nature of the two keep the story rolling along nicely. When the hot and heavy romance comes along you might just catch yourself turning on the fan! Come claw me anytime my friend. Josh is the type of man that any lady would fall for, and with his generous spirit and skillful background in the military he makes one deadly combo.

While vampires will always hold the main spot in my undead heart I'd gladly go for a night on the town with any of these boys! Grab yourself a wolf pack of sexy to go!

Getting 4 and 1/2 'Slam the barn door and lets do this!' Sheep
KD

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, but it sounds like Changeling Dawn is even better than Changeling Dream, which I loved. My idea of roughing it is Motel 6 and I think it is time I went virtual camping and romped in the woods a while :) Thank you for sharing your very entertaining and as always awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm with ya on the Motel 6 Denise maybe we can get a nice group rate going. If it has a view of mountains/lake I consider that camping. ;)

    Thanks for the love Denise but really it's Dani who inspired me on this one. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete