GtPGKogPYT4p61R1biicqBXsUzo" /> Google+ Changeling Moon, stop sniffing my butt! | I Smell Sheep

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Changeling Moon, stop sniffing my butt!

Changeling Moon, by PNR author Dani Harper, is the first book in her new Changeling Series. It's wolf sexy mixed with mystery, drama and steamy love scenes all set to the pace of a howling moon. This vamp gal loved Changeling Moon from beginning to end. :)

Plot:
He roams the moonlit wilderness, his every sense and instinct on high alert. Changeling wolf Connor Macleod and his Pack have never feared anything--until the night human ZoeyTyler barely escapes a rogue werewolf's vicious attack.
As the full moon approaches, Zoey has no idea of the changes that are coming, and only Connor can show her what she is, and help her master the wildness inside. With her initiation into the Pack just days away and a terrifying predator on the loose, the tentative bonds of trust and tenderness are their only weapons against a force red in tooth, claw... and ultimate evil.

Zoey has been on the run for a long time, always fearful the secrets she holds inside will come out for the world to see. Coming from a famous family really does not help her keep those secrets. Zoey has some trust issues but one spunky personality. Rock on Zoey! As editor of a small Canadian town newspaper she finds a little peace, but things come crashing down as she gets viciously attacked by a deranged wolf. Enter Connor, the town vet with a heart of platinum and the smoking hot looks to melt ice with just a glance. Zoey and Connor have an instant attraction that grows throughout the story, adding to the building plot line. The book had a few cheesy lines here and there, but nothing that couldn't be shrugged off. And sometimes people do have a cheesy side to them that just needs to get out. Also with Changeling wolves things can get a little unbelievable, but Dani sells this story very well with some original ideas added to the mix. I truly felt as if it "could" happen, and I loved that.

Things start to heat up as the death toll rises and spreads panic through the small town, as a result the pack is forced to hunt down one of their own. But the illusive wolf is giving them all a run for their money. Power corrupts absolutely and one man will stop at nothing to get what he wants. If you like mystery and PNR you will enjoy this story. Side characters like Connor's brothers had an easy flow to their characters as well, it was an effortless inclusion and completely believable. One thing that was a little off is the cover with the gal wearing the necklace. I was hoping that may get covered in the story but it never happened. So I'm really looking forward to getting an explanation later in the series....and from what my undead vamp friend told me the necklace will be revealed by book 6! :)

Book two Changeling Dream is coming out June 28th and I am eagerly awaiting that day!
PS no butt sniffing actually took place during the story. :P

Getting 4 Falcon Sheep
KD

6 comments:

  1. This one sounds great! I love finding good firsts in series. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a thoughtful and fun review! Really appreciate the time and effort that goes into this. Also, I can see now that the story would have been SO much more exciting with a title like this -- maybe for Book 4 or 5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title caught my attention- very funny;)

    Loved the review, will be putting this in my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments everyone, was really a fun read I hope you will check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try it. Katie. I am sorry, but I am coming out as a shifter lover. I guess it works out for the best, you can have the vamps and I will get the shifters ;) oh, I want the demons too, and angels...I'm just saying. .

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sharon ok I get all the hunky vamps! AND I am calling dibs on Barrons right now too! Booyay! *evil laugh* And that also extends to his whole posse as well.

    Just think I also get the JR Ward boys....mmmmm ...V come to me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete